In the UK alone 3.5 million people are playing bingo, it’s more popular than tennis, but which is their favourite type of bingo game? None other than the mighty and world-renowned Bingo 90 balls. It’s been the top British bingo games since the First World War and whilst playing trends have come and gone, nothing can take away from Bingo 90’s colossal popularity with the British. Let’s take a look at how to play Bingo 90 and the strategy tips you can use to boost how you play and win online Bingo.
How to Play Bingo 90 Balls
To start playing Bingo 90 you need to grab yourself one or multiple bingo cards and wait for the game to commence when the bingo caller announces the first ball. Bingo 90 has 90 balls in play, any of which can be randomly called by the bingo caller (in the case of online bingo, the software).
Numbers can only be called once per game and are taken out of the mix after they have been drawn. As the player you need to mark off the numbers called if you have them on your Bingo 90 card, you can also set your bingo site to do this automatically for you, which is a great perk online bingo and will help you keep track if you are playing many bingo cards.
You can win Bingo 90 Balls in 3 ways:
- One Line: be the first player to complete a line and grab the first prize. Simply block out any one of the three rows on the bingo ticket.
- Two Line: cover any two lines on your bingo ticket before other players and win the second prize of the game.
- Full House: the game continues until the lucky winner is announced by getting BINGO, because they are the first to blot off all the numbers on their card. Getting a full house will award the jackpot prize of the game.
The Bingo 90 Card Structure
When you play online bingo, it is important to know that you can pick your cards. Picking your cards carefully will help you to play more strategically.A Bingo 90 card has 3 rows and 9 columns, in total each card contains only 15 numbers, almost all players, as it is the custom of Bingo 90 play a strip of cards at once, which is 6 cards.
The card has a structure and if you are self-blotting, knowing the structure will help you play quickly and keep up with the bingo caller.
- Column 1: has numbers 1-9,
- Column 2: 10-19,
- Column 3: 20-29,
- Column 4: 30-39,
- Column 5: 40-49,
- Column 6: 50-59,
- Column 7: 60-69,
- Column 8: 70-79,
- Column 9: 80-90.
How to Pick Bingo 90 Cards
When it comes to online bingo you can pick the bingo cards you would like to play and picking the right bingo cards may help you win more, so listen up. You should always pick the cards that have a good range of numbers between 1-90.
Do not take a card which has all the number clustered in the same group as it is unlikely that all similar numbers will be called as a random number generator (RNG) is used to create the result of the bingo draw.
How Many Bingo 90 Cards Should I Play?
Another favourite trick of the bingo trade is to increase your winning odds by playing more cards. Whilst this may just sound like a trade secret to getting players spending more, it actually makes perfect mathematical sense and is a tried and tested technique.
In all bingo variants, the game is played until someone wins, therefore, the chance of winning are equally spread across each bingo card, ergo, if you choose to play more bingo cards then your chances of having the winning card are increased. Got it? Now, it is really up to you how many cards you want to play, but you need to consider:
- If you are self-daubing, can you keep up?
- How much do you want to spend on bingo 90 cards?
- Is the amount of cards you are buying appropriate for the prize amount? You don’t want to spend too much on a small prize amount.
You should also consider how busy a bingo 90 room is before you opt to join it, as if the room is busy with players and lots of cards have been brought, your odds of winning are reduced!
Bingo 90 Most Common Prizes
The prize amounts for Bingo 90 really depends on where you are playing, how much the ticket cost, if it is a progressive jackpot game and how many other players are playing. In general, the higher the cost of the ticket and the more people joining the game, the higher the prize, especially if you are playing a progressive jackpot game as a percentage of each ticket cost is added to the prize pot.
It’s helpful to have an idea of how much you want to spend per card, how many cards you would like to play and the prize range you are looking for before searching for your perfect bingo room.
Winning Tips for Bingo 90 Balls
It’s important to remember that Bingo is a totally random game of chance. The bingo software used it tested to ensure it uses a random number generator to choose which bingo numbers are called. Essentially this means there are no cheats to winning bingo 90 or in fact any bingo game, but there are some helpful tips you can follow to make sure you are playing at the top of your game:
- Make sure you know the rules of the game you are playing: Different variants of Bingo may have different rules and knowing them is the first step on the path to winning. For example, Pattern Bingo, Deal or No Deal Bingo and Bingo 90 all have very different ways to win. You can check out our no faff bingo rules guide, but you should also ensure that you’ve checked the bingo game rules with the operator you are using before you play, just to ensure nothing will catch you out.
- Don’t forget to pick those cards carefully, spread the numbers.
- Play more cards for better odds: There is no optimum amount of cards, rather you need to assess the game you are joining. How many players are there, how much do the cards cost and what is the prize pot? This will help guide you in how many cards you want to buy. Remember to be strategic as there is no point in paying for a lot of expensive cards in a very busy bingo room with a small prize pot.
- Play during off-peak hours: Off-peak hours are when fewer people are playing bingo. If you log in to a set jackpot game at say 2 am your odds of winning will be much better than if you are playing at 7 pm. Take a little time to find out when most players are logging in at trying your luck during off-peak hours.
- Use promotions to your advantage: Bingo sites love to reward players will loads of great promotions throughout the week. It keeps you happy and playing, so keep up to date with what is on offer. Make sure you’re signed up to the site’s newsletter, social media or check by their promotions page regularly. The best way to win more is by playing for less or even better free!
Where to Play Online Bingo 90 Balls
As I’m sure you know by now, as well as producing awesome, no faff gaming guides OBG, also recommends and reviews some of the best bingo sites operating online. We invest all our time into trawling the net and making it dead easy for you to get the ultimate gaming experience from your very first try. If you’re looking for somewhere fantastic to play Bingo 90, just take a look at our top list of bingo sites. There’s something perfect for every type of player.
When you’ve picked the right bingo site for you, just click on the link we provide to join up. You’ll be asked to follow some simple sign up steps such as creating a user name and email for your account verification then you’re ready to start playing bingo 90.
Whether you are looking to make a real money deposit or you want to play for free with your chosen bingo site, there will be a wild bingo bonus that you can grab as a new member and this will get your bank roll started. It also provides an unparalleled opportunity to experiment with other bingo variants such as Bingo 80, 75 or 30.