With the turn of the decade, Mobile Bingo is set to become the most used method of accessing and playing bingo online. But already, mobile is king, there’s little point to refute it or debate it. Our playing habits have changed and it’s all about flexibility for the player and on-demand gaming. We want it all and now. From the Bingo Halls of the 90s, to online sites of the millennium, Mobile Apps and Mobile Bingo now rule.
The Differences Between Desktop and Mobile Bingo
Just as when you are playing you on your desktop computer, Bingo Mobile works in pretty much the same way. You can opt to play with the same bingo site that you use on your desktop, pick a new site or to download a bingo free play app.
If you are playing for real money bets and prizes, you’ll want to play at one of our top recommended and fully OBG reviewed Bingo sites. They offer the best bonuses, great range of Bingo games, are fully licensed and secure- we undertake all the necessary checks on a Bingo site before we recommend them to our players!
You’ll need an Android, iPhone or touchscreen mobile to play Bingo Mobile and instead of operating your mouse, you’ll use the touchscreen to daub numbers, buy cards and operate your account. Your user account at paid sites is protected with the same level of security as your desktop account as it is the same site. All bingo payments are securely encrypted as is your account data. Aside from the operating differences in the gameplay, mobile and desktop Bingo and pretty much the same, unless you are using an app.
There are two types of Bingo App, those from bingo sites that allow gambling just as with their mobile site- but you’ve accessed the casino via the app, and those which are free play apps. Free play Bingo Apps are apps created just to let players play and win and involve zero gambling and no cash exchange. As such they are not licensed or governed by the rules of the UKGC.
There are a few differences when it comes to mobile Bingo Apps.:
- Firstly, you will need space on your phone as you are downloading the app software.
- Secondly, you don’t need the internet to use the app, you can also play Bingo offline- making it truly accessible.
- Thirdly, as you are not using a web address to play, apps are considered safer.
- Lastly, the app will show on your phone home screen with your other apps and offers quick and easy access from any location! As we said at the start, Bingo Mobile is all about flexibility! With many Bingo Rooms offering 24/7 service there’s no limit placed on when or how you play Bingo via your mobile.
How to Play Mobile Bingo
A lot of change has taken place in the bingo industry and especially when it comes to software. Do you know the differences between mobile and desktop Bingo, the best Bingo Mobile Apps on the market, how to play Bingo Mobile, and the top tips for winning? There’s loads of little bonuses to joining the world of Bingo Mobile. We’re going to take you through them all right here with the OBG, no-faff, Bingo Mobile Guide! Sit back, relax and find out the best places to play on your mobile phone!
Mobile Bingo is no different to playing online Bingo, in fact in many cases you’ll be using the exact same site, same user account, games and competition! To start playing mobile bingo:
You first need to pick a Bingo site or app and sign up to become a member.
Make your first deposit (if you’re playing at a real money site) and claim a generous Welcome Bingo Bonus.
Pick you bingo variant or game, buy a card/s and begin playing.
Best Bingo Apps to Play for Free
Bingo Apps are only available on mobile and in that sense, this is a unique difference from the desktop sites. Whilst free apps are also an awesome source of practice and fun for new players, or those of you who are purely in it for the win and not interested in cash prizes. As Bingo is such a hugely popular game in the UK, you’ve got plenty of choice of free Apps.
How to Download a Bingo App
locate your Bingo App of choice in the Google Play Store, iStore or on the Bingo Site itself.
Click download and let the app install itself.
Open the app and then follow the instructions (for gambling/ Bingo Apps this includes signing into or making a user account). Start playing!
Our Top Mobile Apps- Free Play
- BINGO! is one of the most popular and highest rated, free bingo apps. BINGO! features 35 different Bingo games- all free to play- and offers up coins to collect as prizes as well as jackpot games.
- Bingo Blitz: takes players on a Bingo journey around the world with Blitzy the cat. This is an adventure-themed, Bingo party, and different map areas open different games as you qualify. Get daily bonuses and fulfil challenges- even some food-themed ones- as you play and connect with your friends via Facebook easily. Enjoy over 100 Bingo rooms in this Bingo bonanza that everyone can join.
- Bingo Pool: this is a funky little app to keep at your fingertips. With top-notch graphics, you’ll win bingo credits for playing and get to adventure to 20 exotic locations and interests around the world. Play in over 30 different bingo rooms and you’ll also earn extra loot in the form of bonuses! Bingo Pool is a superb looking free Bingo App!
Mobile Bingo: Pros and Cons
– In-app advertisements that can be pretty bothersome when playing for free.
– If downloading an app, you will require memory space on your phone.
+ Bingo at your fingertips at any time and location.
+ The same range of games, bets and prizes available when using a Bingo site’s app.
+ Mobile Bingo sites using HTML5 automatically fit your phone with no download necessary.
OBG Top Tips for Playing Mobile Bingo
Pick an App with the Bingo range you want to play and Practice: This is pretty basic advice, but everyone does better at games they love. Shop around a little, look for the Bingo Room or variant that most excites you, pulls you in to take part and then make sure you know how to play by practising. Bingo is easy and you’ll master it in one or two tries, so you won’t need to spend long becoming an excellent bingo player.
Pick a site that offers the best bonuses: when you opt to join a real money, Bingo Mobile site or App it will usually come with a welcome bonus and loyalty rewards program. Take a little time to check out all the different types of bonuses on offer from different sites and decide which benefits you most. This will ensure that you have an awesome time playing Bingo Mobile and get plenty of bonus cards on the house!
Buy more cards: Bingo is not so much a game of strategy, more just simple luck and speed, but you can increase your chances of winning. As the game is essentially a race to have your card filled the first to claim Bingo, a tried and tested way to increase the odds of this happening is to buy multiple cards and be in with a better chance of having the winning card.
Pick your numbers carefully: Picking bingo cards that show a range of numbers is thought to be the best bingo strategy by many players and even two, famous mathematicians. The idea is that if you pick cards with the largest range of numbers- not those that are grouped- it greater reflects the reality of the bingo ball drawn.
Play off-peak hours: As we’ve said, winning more prizes when it comes to Bingo, is all about increasing your chances of being the winner. If you play in a Bingo room with only 10 other players, the chances of you being the winner are massively higher than if you are competing against 100 players. This means you’ll do way better at winning Mobile Bingo during off-peak hours, those times of the night and day when most other players are tucked up for the night, or busy with working patterns. If you are flexible about when you play, you may just find yourself winning that jackpot prize!
Most of all, make sure you enjoy playing online Mobile Bingo, because that is what it’s all about. Happy gaming guys!