Online Roulette is a game enjoyed by millions of players worldwide, every day. It’s an action-packed, tense and exciting casino game that requires you to know your stuff before you play. Deceptively simple in the actual rules and gameplay, the difficulty comes in getting used to the betting systems and you’ll need to understand it before you dive in and start playing. Stick with us as we’re going to take you through the ins and outs of Online Roulette, including how to play, the best betting and game strategy, where to play for free and how to find the best Roulette online bonuses right here in this no-faff, ultimate, Roulette Online Guide.
How to Play Roulette Online
The aim of the game in online Roulette is to correctly bet on the number or outcome of the spin of the Roulette Wheel. Once a game has started, the croupier will drop a Roulette ball onto the spinning Roulette Wheel (but in the opposite direction) when the wheel stops, the pocket the ball has landed in is the winner.
The set-up of a Roulette table consists of the following; A Roulette Wheel, a croupier and betting track with places that correspond to places of the wheel or Roulette bet outcomes.
-To get started with Roulette online you’ll need to pick a casino, sign up or log in and join a table.
-Next, check the table limits and lay your bet.
-When all bets are laid the croupier will drop a small ball on to the Roulette Wheel in the opposite direction which it is spinning.
-When the wheel and ball have come to stop the croupier will call the winner and give out the prizes. You win by having correctly bet in which pocket the ball will stop.
Simple right? The deceptive part comes in understanding the type of bets, strategy and odds of the bets you make. This is where you’ll need to brush up on some of your skills at casino games to beat the Roulette table and play at the top of your game.
How to Place Roulette Bets
There are two types of Roulette bets that players generally tend to make. They are classed as inside and outside bets.
Inside Bets are placed directly on one or more numbers and offer higher payouts as they are more difficult to win.
Outside bets are placed on certain outcomes such as the ball falling on a red or black number, odd or even and so on. Statistically, outside bets have a slightly higher chance of hitting as they are they safer bets. Therefore, they offer lower payouts.
Roulette Online Bets and Payouts
There are different types of bets you can make in both the categories. This is what they are, how to place them and the payouts they can offer.
- Straight up: bet on one or more numbers by putting your chips directly on top of the numbers on the table, pays 35:1.
- Split Bet: Place your chips on the dividing line between two numbers, if either wins payouts are 17:1.
- Street: bet on 3 numbers in a horizontal line by placing your chips on the outside border of the row, pays out 11:1.
- Corner/ 4 Numbers: Put your chips on the intersection of any 4 numbers to bet on them all at 8:1.
- 5 Numbers: Only played in American Roulette online, this is a bet on 0, 00, 1, 2 and 3 for payouts of 6:1.
- Line/ 6 Numbers: The name says it all, place your bet on the outside borders of 6 numbers for payouts of 5:1.
- Column: For payouts of 2:1, bet on any column on the table. Lay your bets on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd Note that the 0 or 00 are not part of the bet.
- Dozens: bet on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd dozen for payouts of 2:1.
- Odd or even: another 50:50 chance on the outcome being either the 18 Red or 18 Black numbers that make up the wheel for 1:1 payouts.
Online Roulette Variants and Live Roulette
When it comes to picking, which type of Roulette online to play, you’ve got tones of choice. Not only do you need to consider the software you use, but also the game variant. Different Roulette tables can offer different limits, rules, house edges and style choices.
The latest gaming tech is often being rolled out in casinos and you’ll find some stunning Roulette games out there that you can play on any device and include tons of different variants from European, French and American Roulette to Multi-ball, Wheel or 3D Roulette. There’s plenty to try and test the waters with including Live Roulette tables that offer a whole new breed of excitement.
Whatever Roulette variant you choose to play, make sure you experiment and try a few different options first and don’t forget to always check the game rules before you play. It’s always a great idea to practice games for free before you play for real money as it is a risk-free (but also profit-free) environment. Keep reading as we’ll tell you exactly how to play free Roulette online below.
Hopefully, we’ve hammered home by now that practice is essential to making you a better player when it comes to winning real money prizes with Roulette online as it is all about getting used to those bets. Playing free Roulette games online is a great way to do this. You can either find a free website that has demo versions of casino software, such as a games review site or try a free Roulette app. If you know that sooner or later you will be betting for real money you can use casino promotions to get your bankroll started.
Online Roulette Strategy Tips
Roulette is a game of luck and skill. Many infamous Roulette strategies have been tested over the years, but none have struck lucky, unfortunately. The longer you play, the more likely you are to hear of famous betting strategies like the Martingale, Labouchere System or the Reverse Paroli, but none beat the house edge and most incorporate very high stakes and betting on losses, meaning that you need both a big bankroll and stress/thrill threshold. We don’t advise inexperienced players to try any betting of the above betting strategies from the start as they are too risky and better suited to experienced players.
There are, however, ways that you as a player can improve your winning odds right from the get-go:
- Make sure you pick Roulette variant with a lower house edge. Roulette already has a low house edge which makes it a great casino game and unlike other games, you can actually visualise the house edge. It is represented by the 0 or 00 zero in American Roulette (which is why European variants offer better value. The European House edge is usually between 1-3%, American Roulette can vary between 2-7%). Make sure you get the most out of your playing session by picking the right Roulette online game.
- As we’ve already mentioned, another top tip is making sure you are familiar with the game before you play for real money, read the rules and check out free play options.
Advantages of Playing Online Roulette
There are plenty of advantages to playing Roulette online that make it an ever-popular game with casino players.
- Roulette online has a lower house edge than real life casinos.
- There’s more choice of table limits.
- It is an easy game to get acquainted with, if you get lost, just pop back and check this guide to top up on the bet types and game rules.
- With great payouts, there’s a lot of prizes on offer.
- Live Roulette can give you the very same casino feel from any location and at any time.
- You can play free Roulette online or get loads of great Roulette promotions and bonuses from casinos and play for real money.
Roulette Casino PromotionsCasino promotions should factor into your choice of casino if you are a real money Roulette player. The promotions a casino offer means you can play more Roulette online for free or for less. When you sign up to a casino they will offer you a welcome bonus. This will either be a matched deposit deal (of anywhere between 50-500%) or no deposit deal, whereby, if you fulfil certain criteria you’ll be given casino credits for free.Aside from the welcome offer, good casinos should offer their players regular bonuses and promotions, such as happy hours, discounts and loyalty deals. Keep an eye on your casino promotions page to get the best bonuses that mean you can play online Roulette for longer.
Royal Panda Terms And Conditions: 18+, first deposit only. Deposits with Skrill, Paypal, Neteller and Paysafecard not eligible. Casino bonus: min. dep: £10, max. bonus £100. Free spins: Starburst only, no deposit required. Bonus/free spins winnings wagering requirement: x35. Max bonus bet: £5, can vary. T&Cs apply. begambleaware.org. Terms & Conditions apply.
How to Play Online Roulette For Real Money
Roulette online is a fantastic game that players all over the world love playing. All you need to do to win is lay those bets carefully and strategically. With a bit of luck, your online Roulette experience can be a profitable one, but pick your casino carefully, take advantages of those bonuses and play strategically for a genuinely better online gaming experience.