There are lots of different playing choices you can make when it comes to Keno. From software companies who create the games to payouts, bet limits and rules. Different Keno variants have been designed to each offer something a little bit different, but in general, the base game stays the same. Some of the most common Keno games you’ll find at the casino lobby are Super and Power Keno, Way Keno, Spot Keno and Combination Keno. Make sure you check the game rules before loading up a new Keno game to make sure you know how to play.
Keno Rules and How to Play
Online Keno is a lottery style gambling game that provides a ton load of fun and packs a punch with the prizes. Just like a local or national game, players get a Keno ticket and pick numbers, but this is where the rules get shaken up a little and the game diverges as in Keno players can choose up to 20 numbers ranging from 1-80. It’s up to the player whether they pick just a few numbers of all 20. The amount of numbers you have picked will determine how many must be drawn for you to win a prize and the payouts given if you do.
Once you’ve selected the numbers you will play, 20 numbers are drawn at random and you can check your winnings- just like with the lottery- except you get better odds online, can play whenever you want and there are even progressive jackpot games. Read on as this OBG gaming guide is going to take you through everything you need to know about Keno, including where to play for free and the hottest strategy tips.
Keno is very similar to a local lottery, the main differences being that you can choose how many numbers you play and the prizes and Keno rules vary accordingly. You’ll see the numbers you’ve picked and their payouts for hitting them automatically updating on screen when you play Keno online.
To start playing Keno:
Find an online Casino that matches your Keno and other playing expectations.
Sign up/ Log in and load up the Keno section of the casino. Pick and click on a Keno online game to play.
Choose your bet and select up to 20 numbers from 1-80. Click draw and await the outcome.
When you are playing Keno online, you control the draw speed yourself and play as many rounds as you wish across any device. You can also set the following options with most Keno online games:
- Multirace Cards: This is a way to speed up your game as you can set the Keno software to automatically start and set up a number of new rounds if you are using the same numbers.
- Quick Pick: This lets the game pick a selection of random numbers for you at the start of the game.
Keno Costs and Payouts
With Keno online, you set a bet of the same amount on the numbers you’ve selected, usually from 1-10 coins, but you will find varying limits with different versions of Keno. As you select the numbers, an on-screen paytable will tell you how many you need to hit and how much the game will payout if you do. The paytable, along with the bet limits are individual to each Keno game you play.
Keno is a luck based casino game, which makes it harder to win and implement strategies for. In terms of house edge, this can be high across different Keno games, falling anywhere between 4-35%, this is enough for some players to stay away from Keno completely. Whilst, you cannot implement a direct winning strategy, there are ways you can improve how you play, which mean you may win more with Keno online.
- Know the Rules: The best way you can improve your chances of winning prizes with Keno are to make sure you know the rules of the game/variant you are playing. This means you will make fewer mistakes that could lead to the loss of a round.
- Check the RPT/ House Edge: Many casino players avoid Keno, because of the high house edge, however a simple rule of thumb for any game is to the check house edge of that variant before you decide to play. You can always look for a Keno variant with a lower house edge.
- Make Sure to Grab a Bonus: Shop around and make sure you get a cracking bonus deal that means you can play more real money Keno for free or less. Not paying to play and still winning prizes is an optimum strategy for increasing your bankroll.
- Take a Free Game for a Spin First: Free Keno games are limited because it costs very little to play the real thing, but you can still find them. It is best to first find the name of the game you want to try and then do a quick google search to see if you can find a demo/free play version. Trying a game before you invest money gives you a fantastic chance to get to grips with a game in a risk-free environment and as the old saying goes, “Practice makes perfect”.
Why Play Keno Online?
Keno has survived the centuries as a popular game for very good reasons:
- It offers a laid back and more chilled casino game that adapts to players.
- Much like Bingo, it is based on luck not skill so is easily accessible for all players.
- You can find a range of bets and prizes with online Keno.
- The game gives you the freedom to pick however many numbers you wish to play and offers control over when and where you play.
Casino Bonuses and Promotions for Playing Keno
When you’ve made the choice to gamble online and play Keno, there are tons of offers and freebies that you can grab to get your bankroll or casino account booming. As a new casino member, you will usually offer either:
Matched Deposit Deal: This is a deal that asks you to first lay down some money and deposit to your new casino account. In return for your deposit, the casino will match the amount in casino credits. This can even be available staggered across your first 3 deposits but comes with stringent T&C’s so make sure you read them before signing up.
No Deposit Deal: If a casino is really confident in what they have to offer, they will take the bold move of giving you a modest amount of free casino credits just to sign up. You’ll create and verify your account and receive playing credits to load up on any Keno game.
As a regular player, the casino you choose to play with should recognise and reward your loyalty, look out for casinos that offer loyalty clubs, cash back incentives and weekly bonuses. Using Bonuses and promotions means you’ll get the most from your Keno online experience as you can play more for less.
Royal Panda Terms And Conditions: 18+, first deposit only. Deposits with Skrill, Paypal, Neteller and Paysafecard not eligible. Casino bonus: min. dep: £10, max. bonus £100. Free spins: Starburst only, no deposit required. Bonus/free spins winnings wagering requirement: x35. Max bonus bet: £5, can vary. T&Cs apply. begambleaware.org. Terms & Conditions apply.
How to Play Keno for Real Money
Playing Keno for reel money is where stuff gets serious and you should be prepared as a player before you do this. Although gambling online is a fun activity you are betting with money and you should stick to the golden rule; only ever gamble with what you can afford to lose. Before you start playing Keno online you’ll need to find a great casino and we’ve got some top tips to help you.
When deciding where to play, you should consider the following:
- Is the casino fully licensed?
- Does it offer the range of games you want?
- Is it secure?
- Does it reward players with great bonuses and rewards for playing?
The History of Keno
Keno is one of the oldest games featured in online casinos. It dates all the way back to 200BC in China, and many big rumours surround the game. One tells tale, that Keno was used to finance the building the Great Wall of China as it was so popular, another that its invention saved a city from the ruins of war! Keno holds quite the legacy! In China, it went under the name of báigē piào, but it was later brought to the USA, with migration around the 1850s, where it became known under its current title, Keno. Keno is one of the simplest games you’ll find at the casino and yet it’s been entertaining players across the globe for centuries. Let’s take a closer look at the game used to build great landmarks and bring peace of warring parties!
Try Other Casino Great Games
Keno is an awesome and inviting casino game for players of all stripes and now you’ve finished our OBG Keno online guide you should be ready to go and confident in finding a great casino to play at. As well as Keno, you will also find a range of other highly exciting casino games and you can check out our no-faff guides for Blackjack, Roulette and Slots right here.